Please take time to read this letter prior to your dental appointment.
Since the government reopened dentistry in the UK on the 8th June, we have been delighted to offer our patients emergency appointments and urgent care in person.
This service has been very restricted, and we are working hard to reintroduce a wider range of treatment options under strict guidelines. We are starting a phased return to routine dental care and would like to thank you for your continuing patience and support during these unprecedented and unusual times. We have been at the forefront of dental practices reopening with careful preparation and planning taking place during lockdown.
Please be advised of our new operating procedures:
- We recommend that patients use the toilet before leaving home and bring minimum belongings with them as they will need to be left outside the surgery in a sealed box.
- Patients are asked to wait outside the building until the nurse lets you in and there may be a few minutes wait, you do not need to knock on the door to inform us of your arrival. If you have filled in your forms online, you are able to check-in online using the portal.
- Upon entry to the practice, you will be asked to sanitise your hands and wear a facemask provided by the practice.
- The nurse will take your temperature and ask you some COVID-19 related questions.
- You will be then escorted into the surgery.
- We ask that you attend your appointment on your own unless a chaperone is required.
- If we have an email or mobile number for you, you will be sent an appointment reminder which includes a link to our secure online portal where you can fill in the COVID Screening Questionnaire and a Medical History form required for your appointment. We encourage all patients to do this, we no longer issue paper forms so if you are unable to do this from home, you will be required to fill them in on a tablet in the practice.
When paying for any treatment, please use a credit/debit card. We are able to send you an invoice to pay online, but this must be paid the same day, we will need a valid email address for this.
WE NO LONGER ACCEPT CASH PAYMENTS
We look forward to seeing you at your appointment.
The team at Regent Street Dental